The Muslim Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Community was established in the 1970’s in order to advance the religion of Islam, to promote the Shia Ithna-Asheri faith and to maintain and develop the worship and life of the Shia Ithna-Asheri in Peterborough.
The community continues to grow with a number of families making Peterborough their new home. Today our community includes among its regular participants Shia Muslims of diverse cultures.
The activities of the community consist of religious, educational and social activities for all sectors of the community including:
- Salaat-e-Jama’at and Salaat-e-Jum’ua
- Tafseer and Masa’el classes after Maghribain Salaat
- Majalis, Du’a-e-Kumayl and Ziyarat-e-Waritha on Thursdays
- Majalis on Wiladats, Wafaats and other occasions
- Educational seminars and lectures with guest speakers
- Regular study circles
- Madrasah for children on Saturdays
- Qur’an classes for children on weeknights
- Youth camps and clubs during school holidays
- Arabic lessons
- GCSE and A-Level tuition classes
- Senior citizens gatherings and lunches on Wednesdays
- Sports activities organised by Shia Sports
- Yoga, fitness classes and sewing classes
- Health Awareness lectures and medical screening programmes
- Husaini Preschool
- School visits to the centre
- Open days for the wider community to visit the centre
We pray to Allah (SWT) that our community may continue to prosper in the spirit of co-operation and sincere brotherhood and that the Husaini Islamic Centre may continue to be used in the true spirit of Islam earning the pleasure of Allah (SWT) as we anxiously await the reappearance of our 12th Imam Al-Hujjat ibn Al-Hassan Al-Mahdi Sahib Az-Zamaan (AS).